Atena sustainability engagement
Atena’s commitment to Environmental Sustainability and Safety passes through all main company processes to produce safe products, whose use contributes to the construction of high performance buildings, conceived to achieve the highest levels of comfort, healthiness and respect for the environment.
C.A.M. COMPLIANCE | MINIMUM ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERA
Regarding the Italian market, all Atena products comply with the Ministerial Decree of 11 October 2017 requirements for the assignment of design services and works for the new construction, renovation and maintenance of public buildings. The recycled content is accurately calculated for each component of the ceiling systems and declared according to the ISO 14021 standard.
The recycled content data and the calculation methods are also reported in the Type III Environmental Product Declarations.
On request, Atena releases all documents required by the main contractor for public tender.
C.A.M. COMPLIANCE STATEMENT: CEILINGS
C.A.M. COMPLIANCE STATEMENT: PLASTERBOARD CHANNELS
EPDs | ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCT DECLARATIONS
In order to comply with the current green and safety procurement, Atena has developed an extensive Environmental Labelling Program aimed at providing certified information on the environmental performance of its products.
For this purpose, all Atena systems have been mapped and analyzed according to the LCA Cycle Life Cycle Assessment criteria, the study was conducted according to ISO 14025 – EN 15804: 2012 + A2: 2019, the environmental impacts of the products have been studied according to the General Program Instructions for International EPD® System version 3.01. dated 18-09-2019 and in compliance with PPCR N ° 2019: 14 V 1.1 Construction products and services EN 15804 – CPC code 4219 “From the cradle to the gate with options”.
The environmental impacts of products are, therefore, described in five different the Environmental Product Declarations, III Type declarations verified by RINA SERVICE and approved by International EPD® System.
ATENA EPDs are published in Environdec the international EPD® system
Click on picture to download the EPD you are interested in:
STEEL AND ALUMINIUM SYSTEMS
GREEN BUILDING AND LEED COMPLIANCE
Get credits for building certification according to the LEED protocol and to BREEAM and ITACA standards for cross-cutting aspects, by using Atena products
RELEVANT LEED PROTOCOLS
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and aims at rating buildings, taking into account different aspects, from the design to the demolition phase. This certification is issued to the building, and not to the specific product. However, products can contribute towards certification achievement if they meet the LEED®requirements.
The LEED® certification is composed of different protocols, which analyse different building typologies or aspects of the same construction, in the useful life of the building. These documents have currently reached the 4.1 version. The selected protocols for the purpose of ATENA product mapping are:
- Building Design and Costruction BD+C
- Building Operations and Maintenance O+M
- Interior Design and Costruction ID+C
- Residential BD+C
The main products under the scope of Leed® mapping are those here listed:
- Metal tiles ceilings
- Metal staves ceilings
- Metal baffle ceilings
- Metal mesh ceilings
- Open cell metal ceilings
- Metal shapes ceilings
- Floating island ceilings
- Healthcare ceilings
- Partition wall systems
- Drywall metal profiles
- Architectural façades
ENVIRONMENTAL PLUS OF ATENA PRODUCTS
Among the ceiling systems made in plasterboard, woods, tissue and other materials, metal ceilings offer several advantages also from the environmental point of view:
- The modular configuration minimizes the refuse at installation stage.
- Panels can be cleaned at site and do not need to be replaced as often as the mineral wool.
- Each components can be individually replaced if damaged during maintenance.
- Thanks to a proper mix of dimension, shape, perforation pattern, sound pad and plenum, metal ceilings can reach each acoustic performance required.
- Structures are easy to install and adjust to allow an easy access to plenum for plants, lighting installation and maintenance.
- All systems can be reinforced with proper antiseismic kit.
- Atena products are, as a whole, manufactured using recycling processes materials, the recycled content is indicated for each type of product as required by C.A.M.; for stainless steel the recycled content is obtained from Ecoivent database, for orther materials, instead, it is declared according to the ISO 14021 standard.
- Atena metal products are 100% recyclable and at the end of their life cycle can be prepared for re-use, recovery, recycling and selective demolition.
- All metal components are safe and fireproof do not contain SVHC Substances of Very High Concern, do not release dangerous substances into the environment including formaldehyde and will not become hazardous wastes during demolition / removal.
- Coatings, sublimations and digital printing are performed with VOC-free substances.
THE MARKET IS CHANGING
The market is changing, major global trends, such as demographic changes and climate change, push towards real commitments for all those involved citizens, institutions and business companies, in this context Atena wants to be at customers, architects and designers side, to promote a sustainable architecture.
Find out more, call Atena experts.